So here’s a look at what I’ve been doing so far. I’m quite pleased with how the animation looks, because I expected it to look rough around the edges because of the resizing of the character, but it actually looks clean.
So far the animating has been great so far, kind of tricky at the start, because I was trying to get hand of animating characters in after effects again, and also learning how to correctly import files from Photoshop, for example importing them as compositions instead of footage’s, so that the layers that I create in Photoshop will cross over as well, instead of being a flat image. But to sum up animating is quite simple once you get the hang of it.
At the moment myself and Lydia have got half a of a scene animated, where as Adam has one scene animated and has started another. I myself took on the longest scene to animate which is why it’s taking so long for me to do this one scene, but luckily I’m almost done with that scene, and with the next one that I have to is pretty straight forward and can be done within a matter of hours.
We’ve also got our new script recorded which nice, so we’re pretty much waiting all the scenes to be finished animating then we can put them all together, and I’m confident we’ll submit by the deadline if keep on track.
Made a sort of mini show reel of a run and walk cycle that I’ve done outside if uni. If you remember I did the run cycle over the Easter holidays, and it was a good attempt for a first run cycle, but I completely trashed the saying “Learn to walk before you run” so to justify it I did a walk cycle.
My comments about the walk cycle or sort of similar to the run. A good attempt for a first walk cycle, but a bit jumpy, which weirdly suits that character that’s doing the walking. But hey I’ve got to start somewhere.
We pitched to our clients!!! Yes we finally managed to get David and Andrew to come in so we could pitch to them, and they loved it! Despite a few additions to the script, which was expected because it was only a first draft, but they liked the style of animation as well as the way that we’re approaching the brief, which is awesome because we don’t have to change a lot of things that we did already. So after pitching we all cracked on to our tasked. Adam and Lydia cracked on with making more assets and scenes, while I made the additions to the script (with input from them) which you can check out here – Emergency Vehicle Script Draft 2.
Also I’ve created some assets myself. I’m working on two scenes of the animations, which involves a inside view of the car and a street view. So far so good, most of the assets and scenes are completed and I’ve whacked some of the bits into After Effects, but I’ve still got some bits to create before I animated. I’ll probably discuss with what I’ve done so far with my group tomorrow.
Also we have got some bits animated on Adam‘s computer, roughly about 12 seconds, but not as much as we planned to do a couple a weeks back, hopefully we’ll have more scenes animated by the end of the week.
(I’m writing this on a very sunny day, that’s why the title of the blog is called what it is)